The Italian Government is offering grants for South Africans to study, pursue training or research programs at public and recognized Italian higher education institutions.
The list of Italian Higher Education Institutes is available at: https://studyinitaly.esteri.it/the-italian-higher-educaton-system
• Higher Education courses in Arts, Music and Dance
• Research under academic supervision
Master’s and PhD
Who can apply?
• Applicants not residing in Italy and Italian citizens living abroad
• Must hold an appropriate academic qualification required to enroll to an Italian University or Institute
• Applicants for Master's Degree, Higher Education courses in Arts, Music, and Dance and Italian Language and Culture courses should not be over 28 years old by the deadline of this Call (with the exception of renewals)
• Applicants for PhD Programmes should not be over 30 years old by the deadline of this Call (with the exception of renewals)
• Applicants for Research Projects under academic supervision should not be over 40 years old by the deadline of this Call
• Applicants for Italian Language and Culture Courses must provide a certificate of Italian language proficiency. The minimum level required is A2 within the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). For information please visit: https://www.linguaitaliana.esteri.it/data/lingua/corsi/pdf/tabella_certificazioni.pdf
• Applicants must provide a certificate of their proficiency in Italian language. The minimum level required is B2 within the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR)
• Proof of efficiency in Italian is not required for courses taught entirely in English. In this case applicants must provide a language certificate of their proficiency in English. The minimum level required is B2 within the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR)
For more information please refer to the Italian Government Grant Call for Application 2018-2019.
What the Grants offer
• Grantees may be exempted from the payment of enrollment and tuition fees depending on the policy of each university.
• Grantees will be covered by a health and medical/accident insurance contracted by MAECI for the entire duration of the grant.
• Grantees will receive a 900 Euros monthly allowance on a quarterly basis, which will be paid in their Italian bank account.
• Anything not stated above must be covered by the recipient him/herself, including international airfare.
Applicants must complete and submit the online application form available upon registration at the following link: https://studyinitaly.esteri.it/registrazione
Applications must be submitted by 14h00, Central European Time by 30 April 2018. Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
Documents and links
For Enquiries please Contact Lorenzina Bucciarelli by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that this opportunity is not offered by the Department of Higher Education and Training. Applicants are required to undertake their own research into programmes and institutions and are responsible for ensuring that the qualifications will be recognised in South Africa. If there are any discrepancies in the details provided, the information given by the sponsor supersedes the details provided above. No additional financial support will be provided by the Department of Higher Education and Training.