The L'Oréal-UNESCO for Women in Science Sub-Saharan Africa Fellowship Programme aims to promote and encourage young African women in science. The Fellowship Programme also honours 14 talented African women for the quality of their research and encourage them to pursue careers in science in any Sub-Saharan African country annually.
One Doctoral and one Postdoctoral fellowship is available to South African women working or studying in South Africa.
Who can apply?
Applicants must meet the following general criteria:
- • Obtained PhD in Life Sciences or Physical Sciences
- • Have a Sub-Saharan African country nationality
- • Working in a research laboratory or Institution in one of the region's countries
- • Enrolled in a doctoral programme at a University in Sub-Saharan Africa
- • Be not more than 40 years old by the end of the application period for PhD and not more than 45 old for Postdoctoral fellowship
Eligible Research Areas
The L'Oréal-UNESCO for Women in Science Sub-Saharan Africa Fellowship Programme identifies and rewards talented young female scientists in the fields of:
- • Life Sciences such as biology, biochemistry, biophysics, genetics, physiology, neurosciences, biotechnologies, ecology and ethology.
- • Physical Sciences such as physics, chemistry, petroleum engineering, mathematics, engineering sciences, information sciences, and earth and universe sciences.
What the fellowship offers
- • 5,000 Euros will be granted to one South African PhD Student enrolled in an African University.
- • 10,000 Euros will be granted to one South African postdoctoral researcher working in a laboratory or research institute registered in one of the region's countries.
Application processApplications can only be made through the online platform at www.forwomeninscience.com by the candidates themselves. An application is considered complete only if it includes all supporting documents.
For more information on requirements, please refer to the RULES AND REGULATIONS: L'OREAL–UNESCO FOR WOMEN IN SCIENCE.
Applications are due on 30 April 2018. No applications after the deadline will be considered.
ContactFor enquiries and questions about the fellowship opportunity or application submission, please contact L'Oreal South Africa at email@example.com.
Documents and links• RULES AND REGULATIONS: L'OREAL–UNESCO FOR WOMEN IN SCIENCE • www.forwomeninscience.com
Please note that this opportunity is not offered by the Department of Higher Education and Training. Applicants are required to undertake their own research into programmes and institutions and are responsible for ensuring that the qualifications will be recognised in South Africa. If there are any discrepancies in the details provided, the information given by the sponsor supersedes the details provided above. No additional financial support will be provided by the Department of Higher Education and Training.