Thailand International Postgraduate Programme (TIPP) was introduced in 2000 as a framework in providing postgraduate scholarships for developing partners. Believing that knowledge sharing is an important pillar of South-South Cooperation, TIPP offers opportunities for Thailand and its partners to exchange their experiences and best practices that would contribute to long-term and sustainable development for all.
Aiming at sharing Thailand's best practices and experience to the world, the AITC training courses and the TIPP scholarships focus on development topics of our expertise which can be categorized under five themes namely; Food Security, Climate Change, Public Health, other topics related to Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), and "Sufficiency Economy Philosophy" or SEP which Thailand is proud to introduce as the highlighted theme. SEP has been added with an aim to offer an insight into our home-grown development approach which is the key factor that keeps Thailand on a steady growth path towards sustainable development in many areas.
Available Scholarships and Deadlines
Please refer to the table below for the available scholarships and deadlines. No applications after the deadline will be considered. Please click on the preferred programme for more information.
|Programme||Duration||Institution||Accreditation and Recognition||Closing date||Number of scholarship offers|
|Master of Sciences in Public Health Sciences||2 years||College of Public Health Sciences, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok||Accredited and will be recognised by SAQA||23 March 2017||5|
|Master of Science Program in Nursing Science||2 years||Faculty of Nursing, Khon Kaen University||Accredited and will be recognised by SAQA||23 March 2018||5|
|Master of Science Program in Social, Economic and Administrative Pharmacy||2 years||Faculty of Pharmacy, Mahidol University||Accredited and will be recognised by SAQA||06 April 2018||5|
|Master of Science Program in Public Health||2 years||Mae Fah Luang University, Chiang Rai||Accredited and will be recognised by SAQA||26 April 2018||5|
|Master of Arts Program in Social Development||2 years||Faculty of Social Science, Naresuan University||Accredited and will be recognised by SAQA||04 May 2018||5|
|Master of Science Program in Sustainable Energy Management||2 years||Faculty of Enviornmnetal Management, Prince of Songkla University, Hat Yai Campus||Accredited and will be recognised by SAQA||08 June 2018||5|
Who can apply?
- • Candidates must be resident citizens of South Africa.
- • Candidates should be an officer or agent (preferably from government agencies) currently working in the area related to the course provided.
- • Candidate must have a Bachelor's degree and/or professional experience related field or related graduate degree.
- • Candidates must have good command of English.
- • It is recommend that the candidates be less than 50 years of age.
- • Candidates must be in good health both physically and mentally to complete the course. Pregnancy is regarded a disqualifying condition for participation in the course.
- • TICA reserves the right to revoke scholarship offered to participants who are pregnant during the period of study or violate rules and regulations
What the scholarship offers
- • Tuition fees and course-related costs
- • Living allowances
- • Return economy class airfare
- • Insurance
- • Settlement allowance
- • Book allowance
- • Thesis allowance
- • Airport meeting service
- • Accommodation
Fields of Study
The Thailand International Postgraduate Programme offers scholarships to pursue the following fields of study:
- - Food Security
- - Food Security
- - Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- - Sufficiency Economy Philosophy
- - Transcripts of highest qualification
- - Copy of ID
- - Recommendation letters
- • Master of Sciences in Public Health Sciences
- • Master of Science Program in Nursing Science
- • Master of Science Program in Social, Economic and Administrative Pharmacy
- • Master of Science Program in Public Health
- • Master of Arts Program in Social Development
- • Master of Science Program in Sustainable Energy Management
- • DHET Application Form
- • http://tica.thaigov.net/main/en/relation/83840-TIPP-2018.html
- • Thailand International Postgraduate Programme Form
- • Thailand International Postgraduate Programme General Guidelines
- • Thailand International Cooperation Agency website
Complete the DHET Application Form and Thailand International Postgraduate Programme Form and attach the following documents:
The application forms and the supporting documents must be emailed to
A medical certificate will be required from nominated candidates.
For more information on the requirements and how to complete the Application Form please refer to the Thailand International Postgraduate Programme General Guidelines or alternatively visit the Thailand International Cooperation Agency website. For overview of TIPP courses please visit http://tica.thaigov.net/main/en/relation/83840-TIPP-2018.html .
Please email enquiries to email: firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications received by the DHET will be acknowledged by email within 2 working days. Please follow up if you do not receive an email acknowledgement.
For more information please visit the Thailand International Cooperation Agency website or contact Bureau of International Corporation on Human Resource Development, Thailand International Cooperation Agency (TICA) by email at email@example.com .
Documents and links
Please note that this opportunity is not offered by the Department of Higher Education and Training. Applicants are required to undertake their own research into programmes and institutions and are responsible for ensuring that the qualifications will be recognised in South Africa. If there are any discrepancies in the details provided, the information given by the sponsor supersedes the details provided above. No additional financial support will be provided by the Department of Higher Education and Training.