SRI LANKA: GOVERNMENT OF SRI LANKA PRESIDENTIAL SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME FOR FOREIGN STUDENTS
Applications are invited from eligible students for the award of undergraduate scholarships offered by the Ministry of Higher Education and Highways (MoHEH), Sri Lanka for courses to commence in November 2017.
Application deadline is 1 May 2017.
- - By email: Subject: Sri Lanka Scholarship Application, [Your surname]
- - If attachments exceed 3MB, they will not be received. Please send attachments in separate emails
- - Enquiries: email: Internationalscholarships@dhet.gov.za
- - All applications received by the DHET will be acknowledged by email within 2 working days. Please follow up if you do not receive an email acknowledgement.
Who can apply
- - South African citizens in good health and with a strong academic record
- - Applicants should be less than 25 years of age on 08.05.2017
- - Applicants must be available to study in Sri Lanka from November 2017
- - Applicants must meet the minimum academic requirement for entry into a similar programme at a South African university
- - Applicants must meet the entrance requirements of the selected course in Sri Lanka
Fields of study
Bachelor's: All available fields of study except medical, dental sciences and engineering
- - Ensure that you have read all the attached documents and done research on the scholarship, Sri Lanka, the programme and university that you would like to attend
- - Complete the application form and email it with all supporting documents to Internationalscholarships@dhet.gov.za by 01 May 2017.
- - Shortlisted candidates will be contacted regarding the next steps.
What the scholarship offers
- - Tuition and registration
- - Visat
- - Once-off settment allowance of LKR 10 000
- - Monthly living allowance to the value of LKR 30 000
- - Reimbursement for cost of airfare
Documents and links
- - More information about the scholarship: programme: Click here
- - Application form
- - General information about the scholarship programme
- - List of universities and programmes
Please note that this opportunity is not offered by the Department of Higher Education and Training. The Department's role is limited to endorsing eligible applicants, as required by the Government of Sri Lanka. No additional financial support is available from the South African Government. Applicants are required to undertake their own research into programmes and institutions. If there are any discrepancies in the details provided, the information given by the sponsor supersedes the details provided above.