Chevening is the UK government's global scholarship programme that offers future leaders the unique opportunity to study in the UK. These scholarships are awarded to outstanding professionals from South Africa and beyond to pursue a one-year master's degree in any subject at any UK university.
Chevening provides fully-funded scholarships, leaving recipients free to focus on achieving their professional goals and enjoying the experience of a lifetime. Chevening Scholars will live and study in the UK for a year, during which time they will develop professionally and academically, network extensively, experience UK culture, and build lasting positive relationships with the UK.
Application deadline is 07 November 2017 midday UK time (10am South African time). No applications after the deadline will be considered.
Who can apply?• Be a citizen of South Africa.
• Return to South Africa for a minimum of two years after your award has ended.
• Have an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry onto a postgraduate programme at a UK university. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK.
• Have at least two years' work experience.
• Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 12 July 2018.
• Meet the Chevening English language requirement by 12 July 2018.
Fields of StudyAny one year master's subject offered by UK universities.
Application processApplications for Chevening Scholarships can only be submitted using the Chevening online application system.
ContactPlease visit for Chevening Scholarship website for enquiries.
Please note that this opportunity is not offered by the Department of Higher Education and Training. Applicants are required to undertake their own research into programmes and institutions. If there are any discrepancies in the details provided, the information given by the sponsor supersedes the details provided above.