Targeted professional development in specialised fields delivered in both Africa and Australia
Scholarships form an integral part of Australia's development assistance for Africa, and help to build critical skills and knowledge. Australia Awards – Africa offers an effective and efficient model to deliver Australia's aistance while supporting a range of strategic foreign policy, economic diplomacy and development objectives across key sectors. Agricultural Productivity remains a priority sector for Australia Awards.
Application deadline is 15 January 2018. No applications after the deadline will be considered.
Who can apply?• National of South Africa
• At least 25 and not more than 50 years of age at the date of your application
• At least three (3) years' post-graduation work experience. This work experience must be in a role relevant to proposed field of study and to employment organisation type (e.g. public sector applicants should demonstrate public sector work experience). Preference will be given to candidates with greater periods of experience
• Possess, as a minimum, a Bachelors degree (or the equivalent) from a recognised Institution of at least 3 years in length or a BTech (with at least a C level pass)
• Must not have a criminal conviction or be facing legal action with respect to allegations of serious criminal activity
• Must not have citizenship or permanent residence status in Australia or New Zealand
• Must be willing to make a formal commitment to return to South Africa upon completion of the award. Where possible, candidates should be willing to commit to return to place of employment following completion of the award.
• Must meet the general minimum eligibility criteria for Australia Awards Scholarships – refer to the Australia Awards Scholarships Policy Handbook.
Applications from women and persons with disability are encouraged by the Australian Government. Mechanisms are in place to support the participation of applicants and Awardees requiring specific assistance.
Fields of Study
Agricultural ProductivityAgribusiness Increasing the Development Impact of Agricultural Research Irrigation and Water Resource Management for Agriculture
ExtractivesLocal Economic and Social Development in Extractives
Mineral and energy economics
Macroeconomic Management in Resources Rich Countries
PolicyTrade policy and negotiations
Public-Private infrastructure partnerships
Ocean Management: Sustainable fisheries and Governance
Application processThe application process is open and competitive and provides equal opportunities regardless of gender, ethnicity or disability. To request an application go to the application request link.
Documents and linksAustralia Awards Short Courses
ContactFor queries please visit Frequently Asked Questions, forward further enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that this opportunity is not offered by the Department of Higher Education and Training. Applicants are required to undertake their own research into programmes and institutions. If there are any discrepancies in the details provided, the information given by the sponsor supersedes the details provided above.